Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Recounts

We finally finished our recounts about our holidays. The whole writing process has been done on the Chromebooks and we are very proud of our work.
Here are a few examples: (there may be mistakes)

Rarotonga by Caleb
At the start of the holidays I went to Raro with my family for a special occasion.
First of we all went to a Cook Island shop to get fish and chips.We ate our fish and chips and they were very yummy! 
After that we went snorkelling because there was snorkeling gear.We saw lots and lots of fish I felt as though I was a fish myself. When we got out we were all soaking.
Last we got to go on screens. Mum and dad said, "We are going out for dinner." We really enjoyed the food. I got triple ice cream and some pizza.
I really missed my home but at the same time I was happy that I was somewhere new.

The Swimming Pool by Jarvis
Two weeks ago my family and I went to the wave pools for a swim because there was nothing else to do.
First we went down the hydroslide. My dad pushed me down the slide really fast. I went down before my brother and he slammed into my back.
Secondly we went into the big pool to wait for the waves to come. My mum was watching my sister in the hot pool so she wouldn’t get hurt.  I was waiting for the waves and then they came and I went under water with my dad. 
After that we went up the ramp to the jumping part and jumped in the pool. I  touched the very bottom of the pool. I asked my dad to throw me into the deep part of the pool and my brother started to join in. I had to fight my dad and brother in the pool. I said, “This is so amazing!!"
In the end I got changed while  Felix and my dad were in the swimming pool. I played on my mum’s phone for a bit.
I felt very exhausted after that swim.

Ruakaka by Teddy
Four days ago I went sand surfing at Ruakaka with my mum, dad and my sister. I thought it was a really nice place to stay.
First we all went straight to the beach to go sand surfing. It was really hot on the beach and I was really sweaty too. There were really massive waves. 
Secondly my sister and I went up on the big sand hill. It was really steep and we kept   falling off the boards when we were going down. When I put my board down I looked away and when I turned around my board was already at the bottom of the sand hill. 
Next my dad had a go. He pushed us all the way to the sea. When I landed in the water I was really cold. My sister and my dad were cold too.
Finally we did one last race and I won again. My sister cheated. We got a bit cold and went home.
I was really happy because sand surfing was really fun.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Caleb, Jarvis and Teddy. I enjoyed reading about what you did in the holidays. You have included a good amount of detail to keep it interesting for the reader - ka pai!

    ReplyDelete