Friday, August 27, 2021

Week 5 - Friday Fun Challenges

 Today's blog is all about staying away from your screens. There are lots of learning opportunities for you at home or while you are exercising. Here are a couple for today.

Has your bubble been using a lot of toilet rolls? Here is a Maths / Technology challenge for you using your toilet rolls. 

I want to build a tower out of all the toilet rolls we've been using. So far I have 2 storeys to my tower. The first storey has 1 toilet roll and the second storey has 3 toilet rolls. How many toilet rolls do I need to make 3 storeys? 4 storeys? 5 storeys? What about 10 storeys? (That might take a while to collect that many toilet rolls!) 

There are many ways to solve this puzzle. Take a photo and show me how you worked out the number of toilet rolls I'm going to need.


This next challenge is very simple.  You can do it anywhere and with anyone!
Write the letters of the alphabet down the side of a piece of paper. Next to each letter write the name of one thing that you can see from where you are standing. If you are inside you can move around the room to see things. If you are on a walk you might have to stop to record the things you see.
Can you fill in every letter?

Send me your ideas for next Friday's challenges.




1 comment:

  1. Morena Room 21
    I like the Friday challenges and Maria's call to do things away from your screens! Going on the amount of toilet paper that is bought when we're in lockdown, there will be some pretty impressive towers to see soon! I look forward to seeing some photos!

    ReplyDelete