Monday, April 27, 2020

ANZAC DAY CELEBRATIONS & COMMEMORATIONS


Xavier 
This is me on Owairaka mountain at 6:40 with my family. We went to see the sunrise.

Mum and I drew a big field of poppies and a giant one almost as big as me!   

This is me and the army land rover opposite our house.

Harry helped create a poppy field for Anzac Day. We used half a cup cornflour, half a cup water and food colouring.



Lucy celebrated Anzac Day by getting up early and standing by our letterbox with my family at 6am. Then we made lots of Anzac biscuits and done poppies out of cupcake cases and ice block sticks. The biscuits were so yum.


This year I was able to take my grand daughter Harlow to her first dawn service for ANZAC Day. We made poppy lanterns and put them on the driveway where we were standing. While we stood there we listened to the Last Post, the National Anthems and a speech by our Minister of Defence, Ron Mark, on my phone. This year will be an ANZAC Day that I will remember for a long time. Maria



Did anyone else do something special for ANZAC Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment