Friday, April 17, 2020

LESSON FROM LUKA

This is a wonderful way to practise your Maths strategies - ka nui te pai to mahi Luka!

I have been doing maths by playing darts.
My highest score is 121 in one turn, I got triple 20 (3 x 20 = 60) + triple 19 (3 x 19 = 57) + 4
I play darts with my Mum, Dad and my brother. I have beaten my family a few times.
There are different sections of a dart board, the middle red circle is worth 50 points, the middle green circle is worth 25 points.
The next ring out is the triple ring, its is 3 x tables
The outside ring is the double ring, its is 2 x tables.

See my photo and see if you can work out my score
Here is some help... (its not as good as my highest score)
3 x 20 = 60 + 20 +16 =

I am the family score keeper, I need to add each score together, the first person to 301 or 501 wins, its a longer game to get to 501.
We play to 301 you can see my score sheets in the photo.

Playing darts is very fun, its also fun working out the score and using maths.





4 comments:

  1. Luka this is a brilliant way to put maths into action!!! I bet your adding has got so much quicker since you are the family score keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yes I think my adding has got a lot quicker, now I feel confident adding three groups of numbers together in my head", said Luka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lukas question
    3 x 20 = 60 + 20 +16 =
    Did anyone work out the answer?
    Its 96

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant strategies Luka!! I like the way you have used multiplication and addition to solve the problem.

    ReplyDelete