Wednesday, April 22, 2020

MORE FROM PHILLY

Hola from Philly!!!
Philly spends her days making ,creating and inventing. She has made a parachute, a biodiversity garden, volcano, and a Sierpinski triangle challenge for any classmates who are interested to extend their triangle to beat her 40 triangle. 



Philly spent a couple of days building her mini volcano from paper mache and then painted and added rocks and moss, to finish off her favourite volcanic mountain COTOPAXI which means in Quechua --"-Shining Peak",one of the  highest active volcanoes in the world, and the highest in the Andes ranges.
Viva mi Cotopaxi !!


This is the eruption caused by Cotopaxi Volcano, mixing together vinegar and baking soda. Philly loves making volcanoes due to eruption experiment.



Note from Maria: Can anybody tell me where is the Cotopaxi Volcano? Is it still active or is it dormant? Write your answers in the comment box below.

6 comments:

  1. Wow - I looked it up and I could tell you if it is active or dormant - but what I don't know is where Cotopaxi is?
    It is not in New Zealand......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Philly, I had no idea what a spierpinsky triangle is so I had to look it up. Looks like a great challenge. I might try it myself. Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! OH OK!!!
      please post it

      GRACIAS

      Delete
    2. sorry the unknown is me Philly i used my chromebook

      Delete
  3. Philly I love this Sierpinski triangle. Much like Maria I have never heard of it. I am going to share your challenge with Room 18. Well done! Nikki

    ReplyDelete

  4. i am Philly that will be great!

    ReplyDelete